Increasing Font Size

 Anyone who knows me and was in the Dade office last year on October 2 for the surprise party is aware that I am over 50.  That does not make me mature—I’m obviously immature as demonstrated by my love of video games and bathroom humor—I’m just old.  And blind.  As it turns out, so are few others within the reach of my email musings.  You know who you are.  Deny it all you want, I see the readers and computer glasses lying around on desks.  I’m not that blind.

 
One of my fellow aged, yet immature, colleagues was whining today about software programs built for young whippersnappers.  His words, not mine.  (I had to look up whippersnapper.  I still don’t know what it means.)  I won’t identify him, but his initials are Michael Kurzman.  This nameless individual asked whether I could help increase the font size in AIM so that he could actually read it. 
 
First of all, I don’t know why you people keep thinking I’m here to help.  “Helping” suggests that I might have some level of sympathy and care.  Those things are beaten out of you in law school and the job is finished by the bar examiners.  I only do this for the attention and power.   After considerable and embarrassing begging – by me, not the nameless individual – I finally succumbed and revealed the following:
 
You can increase the size of the font and images in all programs in Windows.  This is done by going to your  “Control Panel” or computer settings, and looking for something that says “Ease of Access” or display settings.  Within that you will find settings that make the computer easier to see.  On my PC, which is Windows 7, the Display settings allow for an increase in the size of text and other items by up to 150%.  I have mine set to 125%.
 
Within AIM, under the “Options” menu, select “Preferences.”  In the window that opens up, make sure you’re on “Environment” and look at the bottom left. There is a display font size selection there.  I also have that set to 125%.  I told you, I’m old and blind.  Stop making fun of me.
 
Ok.  It’s almost 4, so I need to get ready for dinner.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remote Access Instructions - including phones!